Protein requirements are different for each individual. It depends on several factors, including the physical activity practised and biochemical individuality.
Therefore, based on the latest scientific literature ("NSCA's Guide to Sport and Exercise Nutrition", 2011. Campbell & Spano. Human Kinetics), below are the values useful for establishing protein requirements on the basis of the sport practised.
- SEDENTARY individuals: 7 - 0.9 g / kg body weight / day
- Sportsman with an ACTIVE lifestyle: 1 g / kg body weight / day
- BODYBUILDING athlete: 4 - 2.4 g / kg body weight / day (remembering that during periods of mass, the recommended protein intake is 2-30% of the total kcal intake from the diet)
- STRENGTH sports: 8 - 2 g / kg body weight / day
- COMBAT sports: 6 g / kg body weight / day
- TEAM SPORTS (acyclic): 6 g / kg body weight / day
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is the purest form of whey. Yamamoto® Nutrition Iso-FUJI® contains whey Protein isolated by cross-flow microfiltration 100% from organic farms quality Organic native WPI 90 Prolactal®.
What does organic certification mean?
The milk used for the Iso-FUJI® comes from organic farms. Cows eat grass and hay, and the addition of growth hormones and antibiotics is strictly prohibited. Therefore, we can guarantee that our whey Protein are residue-free. With certified organic products, we encourage animal welfare and sustainable agriculture.
The raw material of Iso-FUJI® comes exclusively from certified organic farming, where the use of antibiotics, pesticides and other chemical additives is strictly prohibited. Hence, we can offer products of the highest quality and purity. Certified organic products also promote animal welfare and ecological and sustainable agriculture. Organic products are identified by the EU green eco-label.
What does Organic native WPI 90 Prolactal® certification and raw material mean?
Prolactal®, based in the Alpine region of Austria, is a world leader in the sector of organic milk and whey powder for baby food.
What are the advantages of a certified organic protein isolate compared to a non-certified protein isolate?
The whey used in Iso-FUJI® is cold processed. This process allows not to denature the protein and 100% preserve all the protein fractions. The whey Protein of Iso-FUJI® are obtained by cross-flow microfiltration (CFM). But compared to industrial systems, no chemicals are used.
Why choose a WPI Bio isolated whey protein over a WPC Bio concentrate?
WPI Isolate Whey Protein have four main advantages over WPC Concentrated Whey Protein
1. Higher Protein Content: Whey Isolate has a higher protein content than a concentrated protein.
2. Lower lactose content: whey protein isolate has a lactose content of less than 0.5%, while low quality WPCs can have a lactose content of up to 5%.
3. Lower intake of carbohydrates and fats: isolated Protein provide negligible quantities of carbohydrates and fats compared to 10-15% of concentrated Protein.
3. Faster absorption: WPIs have extremely fast digestion times (30 minutes - 1 hour), while WPCs have slightly longer digestion times (1-1.5 hours).
Furthermore, the cold processing process without the use of chemicals allows the isolated whey protein to 100% preserve all the protein fractions.
If you follow a diet, you are lactose intolerant, you are looking for a protein source that is easy to digest and tolerable in the gastrointestinal tract; whey protein isolate is by far preferred over concentrated whey protein.
What are whey Protein isolated by CFM cross-flow microfiltration?
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is treated with special systems to remove greater amounts of fat and lactose. They have by definition an average protein content of 90%, but protein density can range from lows of 86-88% or higher.
Microfiltration is the most expensive process among those used for the isolation of whey protein-based protein supplements, but it is also the one that is best able to preserve the integrity and presence of the bio-active protein fractions that determine the quality of the protein itself.
The microfiltered Protein are not denatured and retain all the important bio-active peptide fractions of the undenatured whey.
Why choose Iso-FUJI® ORGANIC RAW MATERIAL?
Organic Certification: Iso-FUJI® ORGANIC RAW MATERIAL is a protein consisting solely and exclusively of isolated whey produced by organic farms, Organic native quality WPI 90 Prolactal®.
100% Italian production: Iso-FUJI® like all Yamamoto® brand products are assembled and packaged in Italy. So a 100% Italian product.
Without added flavorings and sweeteners: Iso-FUJI® 100% ORGANIC RAW MATERIAL does not contain flavors or sweeteners such as stevia or sucralose.