Yamamoto® Research Diuricell® is a dietary supplement of plant extracts with bromelain, indicated for promoting the purifying functions of the body and body weight balance.
In fact, the formula consists of tall hawkweed, white birch, tarassaco and goldenrod which contribute to drainage of body fluids. In addition, butcher's-broom favours microcirculatory functionality by counteracting heaviness of the legs* in particular, tarassaco supports the body's purifying functions, while white birch and goldenrod contribute to functionality of the urinary tract**. Finally, bitter orange contributes to body weight balance, metabolic stimulation and almetabolism of lipids. The Diuricell® formula is completed with a daily 500 mg/dose of bromelain. Water retention is the accumulation of liquids in intercellular spaces, that is, those between cell and cell, and is due to an imbalance between the venous and lymphatic systems. Any alterations in the functionality of these two systems can lead to the stagnation of liquids, with consequent and annoying swelling and oedema, especially in the lower limbs.
There may also be problems when the veins are not partoicularly tonic and the venous return to the heart is incomplete, causing a stagnation of liquids that will cause swollen, red and painful ankles, but also stagnation in the calves and thighs with the formation of unsightly subcutaneous panniculi or cellulite. There can be various causes: of a hormonal type, induced by drugs or poor circulation.
Another cause of water retention can often be food-related with excessive consumption of foods containing sodium. Stagnation of liquids is susceptible to the influence of lifestyle, since sitting or, for example, working on one's feet all day tends to emphasise the stagnation of liquids and therefore pain and oedema of the ankles, especially at the end of the day. Physical activity is therefore a real panacea for our circulation. Also in this case, nature helps us, counteracting water retention thanks to plant phytoextracts with diuretic action, which promote microcirculation, drainage and the elimination of body toxins and waste substances with the liquids that are connected with them. Diuricell® is a practical and pleasant drink which acts from inside the body, purifying, stimulating diuresis, and helping to dispose of excess fluids and toxins that cause water retention, swelling, inflammation, venous insufficiency and also cellulite. Diuricell® is composed of a mixture of depurative and draining herbs, such as:
- Pineapple stalk extract, to improve blood and lymphatic circulation because they contain its active ingredients; above all, bromelain has a fibrinolytic action, acting at the level of the blood vessels, reducing vasodilatation and excessive permeability of the capillaries, thus attenuating localised inflammation or pain.
Bromelain also gives pineapple a platelet aggregation inhibiting and modulating activity on coagulation in venous insufficiency with a tendency to the formation of clots and thrombi. It is thus also effective in case of water retention thanks to its diuretic action, due to the presence of organic acids which are able to stimulate the elimination of excess fluids accumulated in the subcutaneous tissue.
- Tarassaco, also called dandelion because of its shape, is a medicinal herb known since ancient times for its beneficial properties for the liver and as a diuretic; also used in the kitchen to dress salads, tarassaco comes into its own as a stimulant for natural and anti-inflammatory drainage. Its draining function also makes it possible to treat complex conditions such as liver problems, high blood pressure and overweight.
- Birch, which has a natural diuretic and lymphatic draining action. Thanks to the increase in urine emission, it facilitates the elimination of water and excess substances accumulated in the body, such as cholesterol and uric acids. For this reason, birch is used in the treatment of hypertension and water retention.The diuretic effect also acts in a preventive manner with respect to the formation of gravel and becomes a sort of antiseptic "wash" in urinary tract affections.
- Pilosella is excellent for counteracting water retention and eliminating waste present in our body, thanks to its draining and diuretic function. An excellent natural remedy also against cellulite, it stands out for the ability to reduce uric acid (typical of those who follow an improper diet, characterised by excessive consumption of meat) thanks to the high content of flavonoids, and to stimulate the production of bile, providing concrete help in purifying the liver.
- Orthosiphon, which has excellent diuretic properties, since it facilitates the elimination of sodium chloride and increases urinary excretion of nitrogen compounds such as uric acid, is used not only for problems of water retention, but also for counteracting the formation and promoting the elimination of gravel, phosphaturia and kidney stones.
- Bitter Orange: Thanks to the presence of Sinefrina in particular, bitter orange has fat burning properties, stimulating beta-3 adrenergic receptors, mainly present in adipose tissue and in the liver, which are responsible for demolition of fat processes (lipolysis). It stimulates the lymphatic system and is therefore useful in water retention.
- Butcher's-broom counteracts vasodilatation and performs a phlebotonic activity due to the action of ruscogenin, a substance which makes the wall of blood vessels more elastic, thus preventing lymphatic stagnation. Thanks to these properties, butcher's-broom is a good natural anti-oedema remedy, and is particularly indivated for alleviating chronic venous insufficiency and related microcirculatory disorders such as nocturnal cramps, itching, heaviness in the legs, sense of swelling, fatigue and pain in the limbs.
- Goldenrod is a plant with a depurative and anti-inflammatory action on the urogenital apparatus. It is characterised by a remarkable diuretic effect which makes it a valid remedy in the treatment of urinary tract diseases and in the prevention of kidney stones; it can be considered an excellent blood depurative, thanks to its property of increasing the volume of urine and eliminating nitrogenous waste and uric acids.